The Iowa State Cyclones (1-1) take the field against the UNLV Rebels (0-2) at Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, Nevada. The Rebels (on the moneyline to win) and the Cyclones ( ) take to the field on September 18, 2021 at 10:30 PM ET on CBS Sports. Oddsmakers have set a total of points for the game.
In this article we break down what you need to know before making a bet on the game, including key metrics, stats, insights, and the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 13, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Iowa State Vs. UNLV Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Iowa State Offense Vs. UNLV Defense
|Cyclones Offense||Stats (Rank)||Rebels Defense|
|16.5 (119)||Points/Gm||36.0 (117)|
|337.0 (94)||Yards/Gm||468.0 (115)|
|225.5 (66)||Pass Yards/Gm||274.5 (109)|
|111.5 (101)||Rush Yards/Gm||193.5 (104)|
|6.5 (90)||Yards/Pass||8.1 (102)|
|3.7 (89)||Yards/Rush||4.8 (98)|
|30.8% (108)||3rd Down %||57.1% (124)|
|3 (79)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|1 (24)||Sacks||3 (38)|
UNLV Offense Vs. Iowa State Defense
|UNLV Offense||Stats (Rank)||Iowa State Defense|
|21.5 (103)||Points/Gm||18.5 (48)|
|247.0 (121)||Yards/Gm||224.0 (10)|
|103.5 (122)||Pass Yards/Gm||168.0 (36)|
|143.5 (79)||Rush Yards/Gm||56.0 (13)|
|4.9 (122)||Yards/Pass||6.1 (48)|
|3.8 (86)||Yards/Rush||1.7 (6)|
|27.6% (117)||3rd Down %||37.5% (76)|
|2 (52)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|4 (102)||Sacks||2 (58)|
When Iowa State Has The Ball
- The Cyclones are the FBS’ 79th-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (3), and are playing the 11th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Rebels (4).
- Iowa State averages 225.5 passing yards per game (66th in the FBS) compared to the 274.5 per game UNLV gives up (109th in college football).
- The Rebels’ defense ranks 115th in yards conceded per game (468.0), while the Cyclones’ offense is 94th in college football at 337.0 yards per game.
- Iowa State is 108th in the FBS in third-down percentage (30.8%) and will be up against the 124th-ranked UNLV defense in that category (57.1%).
When UNLV Has The Ball
- The Rebels have the 121st-ranked offense in the FBS in terms of yards per game (247.0), and will be facing a top-10 defense in that category, the No. 10 ranked Cyclones (224.0).
- UNLV averages 103.5 yards through the air per game (122nd in the FBS). Iowa State ranks 36th, allowing 168.0 passing yards.
- The Rebels average 3.8 yards per carry (86th in college football) compared to the 1.7 per attempt the Cyclones allow (sixth in the FBS).
- UNLV’s offense averages 4.9 yards per pass attempt (122nd in the FBS). Iowa State’s defense allows 6.1 yards per passing play (48th in college football).
Iowa State Betting Trends And Insights
- The Cyclones have been listed as the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
UNLV Betting Trends And Insights
- The Rebels have won their only game this year when playing as at least 30-point underdogs.
- The Rebels lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Iowa State Players To Watch
- This year, Brock Purdy has racked up 337 passing yards (168.5 yards per game) while going 34-for-53 (64.2% completion percentage) and throwing three interceptions. He has added 59 rushing yards on 15 carries, averaging 29.5 yards per game.
- Breece Hall has churned out a team-best 138 rushing yards (69.0 per game) and two touchdowns. He has added eight receptions for 55 yards (27.5 yards per game).
- This season Xavier Hutchinson has 10 catches and leads the team with 110 yards (55.0 per game).
- Darren Wilson has added 62 yards (on three catches).
- Tarique Milton has 59 receiving yards on five receptions, with one touchdown, averaging 29.5 yards per game.
UNLV Players To Watch
- This year, Doug Brumfield has recorded 177 passing yards (88.5 yards per game) while going 11-for-26 (42.3% completion percentage) and throwing one interception. He has added 70 rushing yards on 15 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 35.0 yards per game.
- Charles Williams has racked up a team-high 207 rushing yards (103.5 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Kyle Williams has eight catches and paces his team with 114 receiving yards (57.0 ypg).
- Zyell Griffin has added three catches for 40 yards this year. He averages 20.0 receiving yards per game.
- Giovanni Fauolo has 22 receiving yards on three receptions, averaging 11.0 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from